Michelle and Mike were married on a sunny March day at The Joinery, a unique industrial space on the west side of Chicago. Lead planner Jen worked with them to infuse their wedding with so many personal details, from the groom’s custom red suit to coordinating their beloved dogs to join them for part of the day. Their wedding had a modern and geometric design, on which was layered details from the couple’s favorite TV show: Parks and Recreation! Keep scrolling for all of the incredible details captured that day by Tuan B. & Company!
Five Reasons We Loved This Wedding
- It was a Parks and Rec themed wedding. Yes, fully equipped with a DJ Roomba, Chicky chicky parm parm and a Little Sebastian pinata.
- The bride walked down the aisle (following her little flower dog, Boston) to the theme song from Parks and Rec — it was a surprise for the groom.
- The groom wore a custom, fire engine red suit with white alligator shoes.
- All our planning meetings included puppies and beers.
- Michelle & Mike created a day that was TRULY them — it was an honor to help them plan!
Kind Words From the Couple:
“Other than deciding to actually get married… hiring Jen was 100% the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. She’s a total dream to work with. The perfect mix of professional and friendly. My friends and parents were so impressed with her day of coordination. But the best thing was hiring her at the beginning of the wedding planning process. Every vendor she suggested that we went with was stellar. She was willing to help as much or as little as we needed. Everyone commented on how calm we were the year we spent planning our wedding and we only have Jen to thank for that. Whether you are eloping or planning an enormous bash, I would suggest you hire Jen asap. Because she will make your dreams come true.“
Venue: The Joinery // Caterer: Big Delicious Planet // Photographer: Tuan B. & Company // DJ: Cage & Aquarium // Lighting & Decor: Art of Imagination // Hair: Becca May // Makeup: Joanna B Artistry // Kosher Meals: Milt’s BBQ // Photobooth: Shutterbooth Chicago // Hair Floral: Flowers for Dreams // Dog Walker: Kim Walks Dogs