Jenny and Lee were married on a sunny August day at the Alice Millar Chapel at their alma mater, Northwestern University. Later that evening, they held a stunningly vibrant reception at the Gallery 1028 space on Goose Island in Chicago, where Atmosphere Events Group put together an incredible design plan with cascading floral chandeliers, colorful bloom-filled garlands, and bold table settings with navy linens and geometric chargers. Jenny + Lee’s bright and bold color palette was featured throughout a day that truly celebrated their love story, with a myriad of personal touches incorporated into every single choice they made. We loved working with Jenny, Lee and their families so much, and are so happy to share some of the photos taken by Maypole Studios with you below!
A Perfect Planning Match!
Chicago has an amazing wedding professional community and sometimes when we are already filled up for a weekend, we’ll send a lovely couple off to a planner that we love and admire. Sometimes that happens in reverse, and we were so excited to meet Jenny and Lee after another planner sent them our way. At their first consultation over coffee, the bride Jenny said she wanted the day full of “lots of bright, vibrant colors”, and A Fresh Event lead planner Jen pretty much started brainstorming then and there! Jen had the best time working with Jenny, Lee and their parents to create a wedding day that was truly a reflection of this fun, eclectic and vibrant couple, which resulted in true friendship — after the bride’s father nicknamed her “JenHen”, Jen knew this was a couple who she was going to stay in touch with for a long time!
From Jenny’s “10 Reasons You Should Hire (A Fresh Event owner) Jen”:
“… 8. She takes care of so many things behind the scenes that would be absolutely overwhelming if you had to do them all yourself. She took care of setting up all meetings, vetting all vendors, and a million other things I can’t even name.
7. She will help you realize your vision. I had a very specific, unique look I was going for, and she was on board from the beginning. She had awesome ideas to add, but she never steered us away from exactly the look and feel we wanted. …
4. She is prepared AF. She literally whipped out a sewing kit and fixed something on my dress 30 minutes before the first look. One of my favorite getting ready shots is of her sitting on my bed with my dress in her lap and a needle and thread in her mouth …
2. She will take care of you. I wouldn’t say I was a bridezilla, but I had a couple meltdowns/crises of confidence, and she was there to listen to me, talk with me, and stand up for me.”
Read all ten reasons on WeddingWire!
Our Favorite Moments of a Beautiful Day
- The cake topper is a nod to the couple’s love of brunch — they make brunch at home every Sunday, and it was on one of these Sundays that Lee proposed!
- Music plays a huge role in this couple’s life: Lee’s record cufflinks was just one touch that reflected this. Party Faithful is one of our favorite bands in the city, and they kept the dance floor going all night long.
- The wedding was stunningly bright and vibrant. We love that this couple wasn’t afraid of color!
- As Jenny mentioned, Jen came to the rescue big time with a dress sewing emergency — we’re always solving problems big and small on a wedding day, and aren’t afraid to bust out that emergency kit at a moment’s notice.
- With a ceremony at their alma mater and cocktail reception decor full of family and childhood photos, Jenny and Lee’s love story was central to their day!
Ceremony Venue: Alice Millar Chapel // Reception Venue: Gallery 1028 // Catering: Calihan Catering // Photographer: Maypole Studios // Videographer: LEAP Weddings // Music: Party Faithful – BeatMix Music // Floral + Decor: Atmosphere Events Group // Paper Products: Minted // Cake: Bittersweet Pastry Shop // Hair + Makeup: Tamara Makeup // Getting Ready Hotel: Hilton Orrington // Wedding Party Transportation: M+M Limo