Part Time Senior Wedding Planner/Coordinator
A Fresh Event is looking for an enthusiastic event planner/coordinator to produce weddings from conception through to completion.
At A Fresh Event, we exist to be a trusted wedding advisor, a confidant in the planning process, and to help create an event that is a true reflection of the couple we are partnering with. We are professional but fun, we customize each experience to our couple’s needs and we have a great reputation in the Chicago wedding industry.
- Located in Chicago, IL or nearby suburb
- A degree in Communications, Marketing, Events Planning, Advertising, Hotel or Hospitality Management, or in other related areas
- At least (1) year of experience in Events with a portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events)
- Driver’s license + Access to a vehicle with proof of insurance
- Weekend + Holiday Availability
- Daytime and Evening flexibility for appointments with Clients and Vendors
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proficiency in Gmail and Google Docs/Sheets
- Sales skills and ability to build profitable business relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure work environment
- Ability to lead a team as well as work as part of a team to produce the desired result
- Exceptionally organized individual with a strong ability to pay attention to details
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day while remaining calm and even-tempered
- Strong ability to interact and get along with people from diverse background
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Experience in creating and working within budgets
- Understanding legalese for contract review
- Having up-to-date knowledge of wedding trends
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- He/she is also responsible for being physically present at the venue of the wedding on the day of the event to ensure that the plan for the wedding is followed strictly with little or no deviations.
Feel like you’re a perfect fit for our team? Tell us why!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 17, 2018.